Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sexy Sweet Potatoes

Few veggies say "fall" like sweet potatoes... And since I've been on such a fall food kick lately, it's little surprise that I set my heart on making some sweet potatoes.

I'm not a huge fan of them normally, and I don't really care for them baked. But they are so darn good for you, I decided I needed to find a good way to cook them, without covering them in butter and marshmallows. Mission accomplished.



IMG_7280

Sexy, right? (Drew thinks it's weird that I'm referring to food as sexy, but I just can't help it. These babies are hot!) 



IMG_7279

Sweet, glazed perfection. Did I mention not too shabby health-wise? What about super easy?

Seriously... 

Sexy Sweet Potatoes

* Use about one medium sweet potato per person. The following serves two.

Ingredients:
  • 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into similarly sized bites
  • 2 T oil of your preference (I like light EVOO, but anything will work)
  • 2 T light brown sugar
  • 1/4 t cinnamon
  • Dash of salt
  • Dash of cayenne pepper
Method:
1. Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

2.  Peel and chop sweet potatoes.

IMG_7195

3.  Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl.


IMG_7194

4. Combine glaze with sweet potatoes. Make sure that each piece is covered in the glaze.

IMG_7196

IMG_7198

5. Pour potatoes onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet, making sure that each piece has as much space as possible.

IMG_7199

6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, then flip each piece. (Again, make sure they're all laying flat and have as much space as possible. 

IMG_7261

7. Put back into oven for another 15-20 minutes. (Baking time will vary by size of pieces, how much you're cooking, how much space they have, etc. So just keep an eye out!)

IMG_7274

8. All done! Enjoy. :)


IMG_7278