I'm not a huge fan of them normally, and I don't really care for them baked. But they are so darn good for you, I decided I needed to find a good way to cook them, without covering them in butter and marshmallows. Mission accomplished.
Sexy, right? (Drew thinks it's weird that I'm referring to food as sexy, but I just can't help it. These babies are hot!)
Sweet, glazed perfection. Did I mention not too shabby health-wise? What about super easy?
Sexy Sweet Potatoes
* Use about one medium sweet potato per person. The following serves two.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into similarly sized bites
- 2 T oil of your preference (I like light EVOO, but anything will work)
- 2 T light brown sugar
- 1/4 t cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- Dash of cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Peel and chop sweet potatoes.
3. Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
5. Pour potatoes onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet, making sure that each piece has as much space as possible.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, then flip each piece. (Again, make sure they're all laying flat and have as much space as possible.
7. Put back into oven for another 15-20 minutes. (Baking time will vary by size of pieces, how much you're cooking, how much space they have, etc. So just keep an eye out!)