Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

22 Weeks

Hellooooo, friends! Happy Friday! Only, it's Wednesday. I'm not sure how, because I've been operating under the notion that it's Thursday or Friday all day. I don't know why. Chalk it up to summer/pregnancy brain, I suppose. It happens. :)

Anyway, today marks the 22nd week of pregnancy, according to one estimate by the doctor. The other estimate says that Friday will be 22 weeks. I like to go back and forth between the two due dates because then I'm less surprised or irritated when the doctor tells me a new date. It happens.

Nothing much has changed since the last few updates. I feel like when I read other blogs when pregnancy updates, there are weekly changes, but it seems that things have been pretty stable throughout. The main variables have been my energy and nausea levels (both of which have continued to improve--YAY).

photo 4-3

One new thing worth mentioning, though, is that we have officially started our child birth classes! We had our first one this week and it was definitely interesting. About 99% of what we talked about what stuff that Drew and I already knew from our reading, but we also did breathing and relaxation exercises. I have to say, they were uber cheesy! As someone hoping to have a natural birth, I really want to learn as many of these techniques as possible, but listening to a woman say, "My left arm is heavy," is a little ridiculous. 

I'm still very interested in the class, though! At the very least, it's a nice way to spend time with Drew and connect over something that is sort of a weird situation. I know a lot of guys feel a little left out and helpless while their ladies are pregnant and delivering, so having a specific time for us to just focus on dealing with it all together is nice. :) 


photo 2-2

And, crazily enough, I am actually a bit excited about labor. (Did I really just say that?) I realize it's a bit early, but as a Type A planner, it's been on my mind for a while. Plus, it's never too early to prepare, in my opinion, and mental/emotional preparation is just as important (if not more so) as physical. That said, she's not going anywhere anytime soon. She's not even close to be done "cooking" yet! 

I have a lot of other things that I want to talk about regarding this line of thought, but in the interest of keeping posts from becoming books, I'll leave it at this for now. 

Have a great weekend (in a few days)... because it's still Wednesday! ;)