Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Movies of 2012

2012 is over and done, so there is a lot to look back on.

First of all, let's talk movies. We love movies here and are always watching them. We DVR, DVD, and theater it up whenever possible. I went through the movies released this year and picked out a few of my very favorites, movies I think you should see! 

In no particular order:

  • 21 Jump Street with Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum - so hilarious! I absolutely loved every second of this film.
  • Titanic 3D - The rerelease of this movie in 3D was phenomenal. Seeing it on the big screen again was seriously magical. It was like seeing it for the first time all over again. 
  • Seeking a Friend for the End of the World - We actually just saw this last night and I really enjoyed it. It was so sweet and odd! I love that it was different and offbeat with moments of comedy and clarity. 
  • The Odd Life of Timothy Green - If you're looking for a nice, heart-wearming film that is gorgeous to look at and full of scenes that will make your heart feel like exploding from the sweetness, this is absolutely that movie! The boy in it is one to watch out for! He is going places! 
  • Perks of Being a Wallflower - Don't write this one off as just for teens. I thoroughly enjoyed this film. The music in it is truly flawless. Ezra Miller is pure genius in his performance. Emma Watson is an absolute darling (shocking, I know). And Logan Lerman commands the screen in a way I had not expected. Seriously. A positively superb film in every respect. See it. :)
  • Argo - I adore Ben Affleck. Period. I love that this is a true story. I love that Ben directed and starred. I loved its relevance to our situation today. I loved the music. I did not love his hair.
  • End of Watch - Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Peña did such an amazing job in this movie! Wow. There were some absolutely hilarious moments, followed by some of the most gut-wrenching, heart breaking scenes. I hope this film gets some recognition this season. It's worth seeing, especially because of the interesting use of cameras throughout the film. :)
  • Breaking Dawn Part II - I have to include this one because it really was a total surprise that I loved it as much as I did. I did not care much for the book and had pretty low expectations for the movie adaptation. But they did really well with it. I'm a TwiHard. Get over it. :)
  • Silver Linings Playbook - I saved what I believe may very well be the best for last. I really hope that it brings in the accolades this awards season because it definitely deserves it. I'm not a huge Bradley Cooper fan (I don't dislike him, I'm just not in love with him either). Holy moly. He did such a fantastic job. Jennifer Lawrence was amazing (another surprise, I know). And Robert DeNiro came out of NO WHERE and killed it! I thought the story, the music, direction, screenplay, everything--freakin' fantastic. I finished it and honestly thought it may be the best film of the year. Yep, I said it.
There you have it, folks. I may do a few other posts about 2012, but I'll leave that undetermined for the time being.

What were your favorite films? Least favorites?