Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Class of 2013!


It’s been forever since I’ve posted, so I figured I’d get caught up to what has been going on lately!

My decorated graduation cap! :)

As you probably know, this month I finished up with my undergrad degree! It’s very exciting! I am thrilled to be done (it certainly took me long enough!). I now have a Bachelor of Science (yay!)!!

I also graduated with honors, which is a pretty big deal! My first couple of years in college I was very sick and my schooling definitely suffered, but once I was diagnosed with my gluten intolerance and vitamin deficiencies, I was finally able to engage in class and thrive for the first time ever! Since then, I’ve loved school and worked my butt off to make up for my less than stellar grades! It was such a wonderful and proud moment to find out I’d graduate with honors after all the hard work I’ve put in!

It was also so nice because my sister came in from Texas and Drew’s mom and stepdad came in from Augusta! We also had a family shindig the next day with the extended family from all over. It’s always nice to see people! There was also a lot of delicious vegan food—spinach dip, guacamole, beans, rice, slaw, and cupcakes… All gluten free and perfectly fine (great!) for me to eat (woo!). 

The graduation ceremony was Friday morning. That day was super busy (a story for another time, though, I think). Saturday we had the family party. And Sunday we left for Florida!! I am going to talk about that later, though. I think it’s worth a post of its own!

Obviously, things have been pretty busy lately but I think they’ll be slowing down for a teeny tiny little while, so I should be able to post some more!