Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

You Can Do Anything... Seriously

I have a very low tolerance for excuses. 

About three years ago, I had my whole life turned around when I found out that about 2/3 of my diet was making me sick (and had been for years). I was given two choices: continue eating how I had been and keep getting sick or stop eating all that junk and feel a lot better.

It seems like a simple issue with a simple solution, but it was actually a hard pill to swallow. Having to relearn how and what to eat was pretty rough. It took me about a year to finally, truly commit to it.

But I did it.

Life is really hard a lot of the time. We are constantly getting thrown curve balls with our work, family, school, health, (and on and on). But learning how to deal with those unexpected things makes us much better off. Which brings me around to my point.

There are very few things we are actually incapable of doing. Practically everything is possible if you plan and commit to it. That's the trick of everything. 

Sooo many people tell me about how they "would eat healthier if..." or "I'd love to go vegan, but..." Everyone has their own special *reason* for not doing the things the want to do or think they should do; some are 100% legitimate, but most are just excuses. 

What your specific reasons, those are your business. But I'd like to take this opportunity to encourage you to blow them off. Life is WAY too short to live unhappy and unhealthy. Figure out what you need to do to accomplish your goals AND JUST DO IT. 

Is it that easy? 

In many ways, YES. I really think the hardest part of making a change is deciding to do it.

Do your research, make a plan, and stick with it! Allow for shortcomings, get back on the horse, find a support system, accomplish your goals! 

Good luck in 2013!