Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Tomato Soup

It has been a rather crazy semester so far. I have not been posting as much as I would like because school has been running my life lately. It's been eye-opening, though, which is a silver lining. Before, I used to have this crazy idea in my head that I wanted to be a crazy career woman. I could work 60 hour work weeks and be completely happy. All of this time away from home and things that are important to me has shown me that I like to have time to myself, time at home, and plenty of time to do the things that are important to me (time with family, time for cooking and healthy activities, etc.). 

All that to say, I cannot wait for this semester to be done. It has been miserable. This is easily the very worst semester of my college career. I hate it.

But enough about all of that! I know why you're here! How about a recipe?

I have a couple up my sleeve. New, personal favorites that I have been waiting to share.

Here is a quick, pictureless recipe for some scrumptious tomato soup!

Quick & Easy Tomato Soup
Ingredients:
2 C milk (I use almond)
4 C original v8 juice
1/2 t garlic powder
1/4 t onion powder
1 t vegetable bouillon
3 T butter
4 T flour (I use gluten-free bisquick)
a few grinds of fresh black pepper
a dash of cayenne and smoked paprika 
Combine the first five ingredients in a large pot over medium/high heat. Mix and bring to a boil.
Whisk in the butter and flour. You'll need to continuously whisk and keep the heat up high. Keep whisking until the soup gets thick. 
Then toss in the peppers and paprika.  
Serve and enjoy. :)  
This makes about two large servings. It only takes about ten minutes to prepare and only one pot, which makes it perfect for a weeknight dinner (quick and little clean-up).


If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers