Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Gender Reveal Plans!


Confession: I pretype my posts in Word before putting them on here and I spend more time playing around with fonts than I do actually typing everything. I can't think in Times New Roman. 

Anyway...

This week is #17! It’s crazy how time has managed to go so fast the past month or two! The first month or two I was just trying to survive; I was so sick and miserable. I didn’t feel like time was passing at all. I was just fighting to get through the icky sickness. Now that most of that stuff has passed, it feels like time is flying.

Case and point: next week we find out if we will be welcoming a son or daughter into the world next year! NEXT WEEK! I can’t even wrap my head around it. (Let me say it one more time: NEXT WEEK!!!) From there, it will be a WHIRL WIND.

I’ve been doing a ton of research (shocking, I know) about all the infinite baby/children products out there. There is seriously so much crap… and I really feel like a lot of is seriously garbage. Most people with children have told me that babies really don’t need all of it. It seems like it’s mainly some sort of marketing ploy to get nesting mamas to spend all of their money. Obviously, it’s brilliant, because I have lists and lists of various products. I’ve been waiting to really dive into actually buying anything until we know the sex, even though I want to keep things relatively neutral (do you know how much I hate pink? And tutus? Ick.--though no offense to those that love them, just SO not my thing!)

But once we know the sex, it’ll be a marathon of figuring out what’s worth a purchase and what we’ll do without. And figuring out the nursery. And setting it up. And figuring out the rest of the house. And car seats. And toys. And clothes. And diapers. Oh, and PICKING A NAME! And it goes on. Oy.

Not to mention all of the family events and holidays happening in the next few months. Several birthdays (my little brother is turning 18!!), Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, our wedding anniversary. Seriously, the next few months are guaranteed to rush by in a huge blur.

Anyway, originally we had planned on doing a small, intimate gender reveal party with the closest friends and families. However, after a lot of thought, we changed our mind to do something just the two of us. We will still have the doctor write down the sex on a piece of paper and seal it in an envelope. Instead of opening up the envelope in front of a bunch of people at a formal party, we will go out for a nice dinner, just the two of us, and open it there.

In case you can’t tell, I’m very excited!

Do you think it’s a boy or girl?

Weekly update soon! :)