Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pups and Pregnancy



Do you think dogs can tell when their human mommies are pregnant? I never thought about it before I got pregnant, but now I’m sure they can tell.

Norma Gene in most situations is pretty uncuddly. You can hold on to her and pet her for a while, but once you stop petting her, she’s GONE. She is not one to stick around (and she never has been).



However, since about 5 weeks into this pregnancy, she has been very concerned with what I’m doing and where I’m going. She has even started to snuggle right up around my stomach in bed. It’s absolutely adorable, though it was a little unsettling at first, to the point that we took her to the doctor just to make sure everything was okay (it is!).

She has also started following me places, running after me when we’ve been in completely different rooms before I started walking around. Another new behavior to add to the mix: LOTS of kisses. She’s just the sweetest. 

Buck, on the other hand, seems a little oblivious or indifferent. Maybe he knows, maybe he doesn’t—either way, he doesn’t care and he isn’t acting any different.



Have you had a similar experience? Have any of your pups started acting any differently when you got pregnant?